What is PAS 402 / Green Compass?
This Publicly Available Specification, developed by Constructing Excellence Wales in cooperation with BSI, requires waste management organisations to demonstrate sound environmental, health, safety and quality practices which will then assist clients in selecting their contractors.
The Scheme has created a network of quality assured waste management companies of all shape and size, upon whom industry can depend to provide an efficient, effective and measured solution for its waste problem.
The specification provides the framework for the demonstration of performance against key areas of delivery, including landfill diversion and materials recovery, assuring potential and existing customers of the service they are procuring. The Scheme is open to all waste management companies that handle waste themselves regardless of size, tonnages or materials.
Why choose us?
Nobody has more knowledge of PAS 402 or expertise in assisting companies meet the implementation requirements than GTMS. Here are some of the reasons why we believe we are the only choice when it comes to ensuring you achieve certification:
- We helped write the PAS – We were the only consultants that were part of the group that wrote and developed both the original 2009 Standard and the 2013 revision (find our name on Page v)
- We wrote the ‘Guidance for Implementation’ – On publication of the PAS we were contracted by the Scheme Owner to write the Guidance for Implementation that others will follow
- Proven track record – We have worked with over 100 waste companies of varying size and type, to implement the Standard
- Cost effective – We know what it takes to pass and therefore we have been able to streamline the process to ensure compliance in the most cost effective manner. We are so confident in our approach that we are able to provide a fixed cost upfront for any company.
- Minimal disruption – We know your time is precious and therefore we have developed a methodology to ensure that you are taken out of the business for as little time as possible. We will prepare all required documentation on your behalf and can even attend the actual assessment for you.
- We are industry specialists – All of our consultants hold valid WAMITAB (Level 4 Hazardous) certificates and have run waste sites themselves so we understand the difficulty in balancing compliance with business needs
- We are Standards specialists – PAS 402 includes requirements for Environment, Quality and Health & Safety. Our consultants hold professional memberships for CIWM, IEMA (Environment), IOSH (Health & Safety) and CQI (Quality).
- We will help you attain and maintain certification – Not only will we ensure certification but we can help you keep it. We provide packages to ensure that your Report and all other information is kept up to date so that you will be ready for re-assessment when the time comes.
For a free, no obligation quotation please contact us today.