What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18001:2007 is the internationally recognized assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems. Many organizations are implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as part of their risk management strategy to address changing legislation and protect their workforce.
An OHSMS promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organization to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance.
What are the benefits of OHSAS 18001?
- Potential reduction in the number of accidents
- Potential reduction in downtime and associated costs
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance
- Demonstration to stakeholders of your commitment to health and safety
- Demonstration of an innovative and forward thinking approach
- Increased access to new customers and business partners
- Better management of health and safety risks, now and in the future
- Potential reduced public liability insurance costs
How can GTMS help you?
GTMS provide implementation support to organisations implementing the international Occupational health and safety management system based on the OHSAS 18001:2007 specification.
We can assist you with:
- Policy and commitment
- Hazard identification, risk assessment & risk control
- Legal and other requirements
- Objectives & Improvement Programmes
- Organisation & roles and responsibilities of personnel
- Training, Communication & Consultation
- All appropriate documentation & records
- Operational Controls and Safe Systems of Work
- Emergency Preparedness and planning
- Performance Measurement & monitoring
- Accident & incident investigation,
- Corrective & preventive actions
- Audit & Review
- On-going support to maintain the system (See Outsourced Health and Safety Systems Management)
To discuss your requirements and costs please call: 0845 094 3938 or eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org