What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for the environmental management of businesses. It prescribes controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment. Implementing an Environmental Management System is a systematic way to discover and control the effects your company has on the environment. Cost savings can be made through improved efficiency and productivity as well as through the demonstration of legal compliance.
What are the benefits of ISO 14001?
Certification to ISO 14001 allows you to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving legal and regulatory compliance to regulators and customers
- Increase your access to new customers and business partners
- Better manage your environmental risks, now and in the future
- Potentially reduce public liability insurance costs
- Reduced cost of waste management
- Savings in consumption of energy and materials
- Improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
- Demonstrate your environmental commitment to stakeholders
How can GTMS help you?
GTMS provide implementation support to organisations implementing the internationally recognised Environmental Management System based on the ISO 14001:2015 specification.
We can assist you with:
- Environmental Policy and Manual
- Legal and other requirements
- Environmental Aspects Identification, evaluation and controls
- Emergency response and Pollution Prevention
- Internal and External Communication
- Training, competence and awareness
- Objectives and targets
- Monitoring and measurement programmes
- Operational control
- Non conformance, corrective and preventive actions
- Document Control
- Internal Audit Programmes
- Management Review
- On-going support to maintain the system (see Outsourced EMS Management)
Other Environmental Standards
GTMS can also provide support and advice for implementing environmental management systems that meet the requirements of other recognised Standards such Green Dragon, BS8555 and EMAS.